The Ohio Department of Agriculture recently announced a new program through their Soil and Water Division for reimbursement of interest expense for qualified equipment purchases to producers enrolled in the H2Ohio Program. AgCredit is a participating lender and will submit signed applications for the interest to ODA. Below are some highlights of the program.
- H2Ohio will reimburse the producer for interest paid on loans for eligible equipment
- Producers must be enrolled in H2Ohio to be eligible. By default, they must be in a county that is eligible for H2Ohio.
- $2MM of funds are being allocated to this program
- Maximum loan term of 5 years
- Maximum interest reimbursement of 20% of the loan amount
- Producers will work with participating lender to fill out application. Lender will submit to H2Ohio for approval
- Application must be approved prior to transaction and loan origination
- H2Ohio has set a maximum of 14 days from submission of the application to render a decision
For more information, read this guide or contact your AgCredit Account Officer.