Supporting Our Students
We're committed to helping the next generation of agricultural leaders succeed. Our offer internships and scholarships help guide students.
Paid internships typically run from May through mid-August, and can be taken for college credit if your institution allows. Over the course of an internship at AgCredit, students can expect the following:
- Exposure to the organization and agricultural lending
- Opportunity to job shadow a variety of positions
- Attend trainings to further your understanding of agricultural lending and other agricultural topics
- Positive, upbeat, and friendly work environment
- Hands on, real world job experience
- Network with others in the organization and industry
Possible Internship Opportunities
- Human Resources
"As an intern, I enjoyed the challenge of learning new things and being trusted to work on projects that were important. No one ever made me feel like I was just the intern, and I was always made to feel like my ideas were welcome. I knew that my experience as an intern was something that would have a positive impact on my career, and fortunately, I had the opportunity to continue my career at AgCredit!"
— Maria Hoepf, Assistant Training Coordinator, Past Human Resources Intern
Joe Leiser Memorial AgCredit, ACA $2,000 Scholarship Program
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2020 - APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED FOR 2020
Educational scholarships are awarded to students who are furthering their education through attendance at a college, university, vocational, or trade school. Scholarships are awarded annually to individuals who exhibit an aptitude for learning and a desire for self-improvement through education.
A total of three AgCredit, ACA scholarships will be given for the 2020-2021 school year. However, the scholarship selection committee reserves the right to reduce or expand the number of scholarships awarded based upon the number of eligible and complete applications received. Three students currently studying an agricultural curriculum at an accredited four-year school or at an accredited two-year school will each receive a $2,000 award.
To be eligible, applicants must be an immediate family member (dependent) of a voting stockholder of AgCredit, ACA with a current loan. At the time of application the student must be attending a post-secondary school majoring in an agriculture-related subject. Graduating high school seniors are not eligible to apply.
- Children of current employees or directors of AgCredit, ACA are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Previous recipients of scholarship funds are not eligible to re-apply.
- Previous applicants (who have not received scholarship funds) may apply every year they are eligible.
- The scholarship is to be used to pay education-related expenses and will be issued in the form of a joint check with the school.
- Applications must be postmarked on or before June 30, 2020. Mail to:
ATTENTION: Karen Welter
610 W. Lytle St.
Fostoria, OH 44830
The selection committee will consist of three current board members of AgCredit, ACA. They will review all complete applications and choose the three recipients. No interviews will be conducted. The process will be completed by July 31, 2020.