AgCredit Awards $120,000 to 13 Local Organizations
AgCredit, one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness, today announced that it is awarding $120,000 in Mission Fund grants to 13 community organizations in support of their efforts to improve the quality of life in communities primarily within the cooperative’s 18-county service territory.
Now in its sixth year, the Mission Fund supports AgCredit’s commitment to investing in the future of agriculture and positively impacting the quality of life in rural Ohio. Recipients were selected based on their proposals to meet criteria in one or more of four key areas: Education, environment, technology and quality of rural life.
Following are AgCredit’s 2023 Mission Fund grant recipients:
- Agricultural Education Department—Carey Exempted Village Schools, Wyandot County, $12,000
- Cardington Fire Department, Morrow County, $10,000
- Ft. Jennings Volunteer Fire Department, Putnam County, $10,000
- Marion County Agricultural Society Inc, Marion County, $7,500
- Marion County Jr. Fair Building Improvement Committee, Marion County, $7,500
- Morrow County Fair/Fairboard, Morrow County, $15,000
- New Riegel Joint Fire District, Seneca County, $4,795
- Ottawa Elementary, Putnam County, $4,835
- Paulding Soil and Water Conservation District, Paulding, $6,000
- Portage Fire District Firefighters Association, Ottawa County, $9,690
- Putnam County Calf Keepers, Putnam County, $15,000
- RV Farm (River Valley Local School District), Marion County, $12,000
- Whetstone Volunteer Fire Department, Crawford County, $5,680
“We’re proud to support organizations that make our communities better, safer and healthier places to live and work,” said AgCredit President and CEO Brian Ricker. “All of us at AgCredit congratulate these incredible organizations, each of which reflect the vision, service and innovation of rural communities across northern Ohio.”
Organizations may apply for Mission Fund grants of up to $15,000 per year. The 2024 application process will begin in March, and funds will be distributed by Dec. 31. For more information about the lending cooperative or the Mission Fund, visit AgCredit.net.